About the Conference
Shalakya Tantra, one among eight specialties of ayurveda, deals with ailments related to the eyes, ears, nose, throat, oro-dental, head & neck regions. It is estimated that 65% of the population suffers from one or the other Shalakya Tantra related health problems. More than 200 clinical conditions and their management, which includes several drugs, formulations, and therapeutic procedures, are explained in vivid detail in ayurveda.
There are around 26 institutes offering post-graduate studies in Shalakya Tantra, which are continuously imparting knowledge on recent developments and updates. Though there are a number of research advances, paucity is widely noticed in Shalakya Tantra practices. Thus, the Shalakya Manthana, an international conference including pre-conference workshops & expo has been conceptualized with an aim to explore the unexplored; update recent advances; and impart clinical skills for the wider application and practice of Shalakya Tantra.
Scientific Sessions and their themes:
1. Preventive & Promotive aspects of Shalakya
2. Pharmacodynamics & Pharmacokinetics related to drugs of Shalakya
3. Panchakarma & Rasayana in Shalakya
4. Allergy & Auto immunity in Shalakya
5. Yoga & Nature Cure for Shalakya Diseases
6. Prevention & Management of Oro-Dental Disorders
7. Occupational Disorders in Shalakya
8. Innovative Surgical & Parasurgical aspects in Shalakya